TEHRAN (Tasnim) – An Iranian official said Israel’s decision to launch a ground offensive in the Gaza Strip is a testimony to the failure of the regime’s Iron Dome anti-missile system, which Tel Aviv claims is able to intercept the rockets fired by Hamas.
He noted that Iron Dome had been already proven to be unable to shoot down the rockets targeting Israel during the previous Palestinian-Israeli confrontations.
Asked about why the Israeli death toll is not commensurate with the number of rockets fired by Hamas, Sheikholeslam explained that the Tel Aviv officials lie about the actual figure of total casualties in military confrontation with the Palestinians.
Since Thursday, Israel has launched a ground invasion in the Gaza Strip after 10 days of bombardment of the enclave from the air and sea.
Israel struck more than 100 separate sites in Gaza overnight on Thursday, in the first hours of its ground operation.
In all, some 370 Palestinians have been killed since fighting began on July 8, Gaza officials said.
More than 2,700 others have been injured in the 13-day Israeli assault.
The Iran Project is not responsible for the content of quoted articles.