Iran’s deputy foreign minister for legal and international affairs says the fifth tranche of Iran’s frozen oil revenues has been released.
Abbas Araqchi said on Friday that another USD 450-million from Iran’s blocked oil revenues has been released and deposited to the account of the Central Bank of Iran (CBI) in accordance with the November 2013 agreement reached in Geneva.
Araqchi added that this is the fifth tranche of the eight installments of Iran’s blocked revenues that the Sextet of powers was committed to release and deposit to the CBI account.
On Thursday, US Department of State spokeswoman, Marie Harf, announced that Washington had taken steps to release the USD 450 million after the International Atomic Energy Agency announced that Iran remains in line with its commitments.
The IAEA confirmed in its monthly report on Thursday that Tehran has fulfilled all its contractual obligations so far.
Out of the USD 4.2 billion of the frozen Iranian oil revenues that the Sextet is committed to return to Tehran under the November interim deal, USD 2.55 billion has been deposited to the CBI account so far.
In return, Iran has been committed to dilute half of its 196-kilogram reserves of 20-percent enriched uranium to a lower grade.
Iran and the six world powers – the United States, France, Britain, Russia, China and Germany – sealed the interim deal in Geneva on November 24, 2013, to pave the way for the full resolution of the decade-old dispute with Iran over the country’s nuclear energy program. The deal came into force on January 20.
The two sides are scheduled to resume expert-level talks on Iran’s nuclear energy program in New York on May 5-9.
The negotiations will be held ahead of a fresh round of high-level nuclear talks scheduled to begin in the Austrian capital, Vienna, on May 13.
By Press TV
The Iran Project is not responsible for the content of quoted articles.