TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Iranian Police Chief Brigadier General Esmail Ahmadi Moqaddam denied rumors on Sunday that the country has guaranteed safe passage for the Pakistani-based terrorists who abducted 5 Iranian border guards in February.
Speaking in a press conference here in Tehran on Sunday, the Iranian police chief quashed rumors that the Islamic Republic has promised security guarantee to the Jaish-ul-Adl terrorist group.
“Offering the safe passage is the Judiciary system’s duty, and entails its own regulations,” Brigadier General Ahmadi Moqaddam announced.
On February 6, the so-called Jaish-ul-Adl terrorist group kidnapped the five Iranian border guards in Jakigour region in Iran’s southeastern province of Sistan and Balouchestan and took them to Pakistan.
Ever since, Iran has made special diplomatic efforts to release the soldiers.
Earlier on Saturday, Governor-General of Iran’s province of Sistan and Balouchestan Ali Owsat Hashemi said the kidnapped Iranian soldiers have been released, noting that they have been handed over to the local activists in the region who are playing positive role of mediators.
On March 23, the notorious terrorist group had announced in a Twitter message that it had killed one of the abductees, called Jamshid Danaeifar.
As regards the reports on the death of Danaeifar, Hashemi said the information suggest that the Iranian soldier has been killed by the infamous terrorists, but at the same time noted that it would not be possible to verify the authenticity of the reports as long as his body is not handed over to Iran.
The Iran Project is not responsible for the content of quoted articles.