Abducted guards handed over to intermediaries

TEHRAN, Apr, 5 (MNA) – Iran’s Sistan and Baluchestan governor has said that no Iranian officials had received – four out of five – Iranian abducted guards and they had been delivered to intermediaries.

He added that diplomatic and regional measures were taken to release the Iranian guards and take them back to the country.

Ali Hashemi in a press conference on Saturday said that the final and accurate news about the guards’ release will be published when they are in the country.

He added that Iran does not confirm the news about Jamshid Danaeifar’s martyrdom – one of the abducted guards who had been said to be martyred – until his body is handed over to Iranian officials.

Five Iranian border guards were kidnapped and transferred to Pakistan by Jaysh Al-Adl group in February and the terrorist group claimed one of the guards, Jamshid Danaeifar 27, was killed in March.

Iran and Pakistan had established a Joint Border Commission over Iranian kidnapped border guards and discussed necessity of serious action against the border-terrorism.

By Mehr News Agency

 

The Iran Project is not responsible for the content of quoted articles.