Tehran, March 28, IRNA – Iranˈs Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said on Friday that Iran does its best to secure safe and sound release of the kidnapped Iranian border guards in Pakistan.
The foreign minister posted the remark on his facebook on Friday.
ˈOur round-the-clock effort is ensuring safe and sound return of the dear ones to their families and not the publicity or slogans for mere false hopes which not only afford the least help to freedom of the dear ones but also make the issue further complicated,ˈ said Zarif.
On March 26, Zarif wrote a letter to the UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon to clarify fate of kidnapped Iranian diplomat in Yemen and five Iranian border guards abducted by a terrorist group in Pakistan.
The Iranian foreign minister in his letter has asked the UN secretary-general to urge the concerned countries to expedite probing into the fate of the abducted diplomat and border guards.
ˈOn this ground and to avoid likely consequences of writing a letter to the UN chief and of its publication, hours long exchange of view and consultations were made to prevent God forbids not adverse impact on release of our dear ones,ˈ Zarif further wrote in his Facebook.
He referred to intensive efforts launched by all Iranian officials, including President Hassan Rouhani and foreign ministry officials, for the purpose and said any consideration observed up to so far in that connection by the officials is ˈtimes more sensitive and more seriousˈ.
To the end of his Facebook anecdote, Zarif hoped for success in release of the Iranian border guards.
The Iran Project is not responsible for the content of quoted articles.