Senior Sunni MP urges Iranian armed forces to destroy Jeish Al-Adl terrorist group

TEHRAN (FNA)- Head of the Iranian Parliament’s Sunni Fraction Abed Fattahi demanded the country’s Armed Forces to chase Jeish Al-Adl – a newly declared terrorist group which has abducted and held five Iranian border guards since early February – even beyond Iran’s borders with Pakistan and destroy the group.

Fattahi’s remarks came after five Iranian border guards were abducted in Jakigour region in Iran’s Sistan and Baluchestan Province on February 6 and transferred to Pakistan’s territory. Jeish Al-Adl who claims to be a radical Sunni group has alleged responsibility for the abduction.

“As the head of the parliament’s Sunni Fraction, I denounce and condemn the abduction (of Iranian border guards) by the terrorist groups and say that these groups are not Muslims because they are looking for sowing the seeds of discord between the Shiites and Sunnis,” Fattahi told FNA Sunday.

He underlined that Jeish Al-Adl are not Sunnis, and not even Muslims. “Shiites and Sunnis are brothers and any difference between them is a difference among members of a family, and this attempt of the enemies (abduction of Iran’s border guards) can no way harm the unity of the Muslims in Iran,” the Sunni fraction leader at the Iranian parliament reiterated.

“We Sunni lawmakers call on the Armed Forces to suppress and destroy Jeish Al-Adl terrorist group even inside the territories of neighboring Pakistan, because they are commissioned by the US and the Zionist regime to sow the seeds of discord among Muslims and they are not Sunnis,” Fattahi said.

Earlier in the day, an Iranian deputy foreign minister stressed Tehran’s firm will to root out terrorist groups alongside Iran-Pakistan border, saying the ministry has done its best to clarify the fate of the five abducted Iranian border guards.

Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister for consular, parliamentary and Iranian expatriates’ affairs Hassan Qashqavi said necessary consultations for the release of the abducted Iranian border guards were underway.

The Iranian official also stated that the results of the consultations will not be publicized until the issue is finalized.

“We hope that the incident will result in the freedom of our loved ones as it was the case in previous incidents,” Qashqavi expressed.

On Saturday, Iranian Deputy Interior Minister Ali Abdollahi confirmed that the five border guards abducted along Iran-Pakistan border on February 5 are safe and sound.

“The latest news reports indicate the good health conditions of the five abducted Iranian border guards,” Abdollahi told FNA on Saturday.

He reiterated that the foreign ministry as well as the Iranian and Pakistani ambassadors “are following up the case and all efforts are being made” to secure the release of the abducted border guards.

On February 9, Iran’s Police Chief Brigadier General Esmayeel Ahmadi Moqaddam voiced concern over the presence of terrorist groups in Pakistan’s territories, and underlined that Iran’s police along with the Foreign Ministry are resolved to do their best to clear the fate of the five Iranian guards abducted at the Iran-Pakistan border.

Ahmadi Moqaddam criticized the performance of the Pakistani government and its border police in the joint border region.

He then asked how it is possible that certain elements ambush the Iranian guards, kidnap them, take them to Pakistan and release some photos of them.

He further called on the Iranian Foreign Ministry to investigate the case.

Last Saturday, the outlawed Jeish Al-Adl radical Sunni Wahhabi movement claimed responsibility for the abduction of 5 Iranian border guards in Southeastern Iran.

The Jeish Al-Adl released a photo of the kidnapped border guards on its Tweeter page and claimed the responsibility for their abduction on Saturday.

Earlier reports said that they had been transferred to Pakistan which has a long border with Iran in the Southeastern parts of the country.

Last Sunday, the Iranian Foreign Ministry summoned Pakistani Ambassador to Tehran Nour Mohammad Jadmani to explain about the fate of the five Iranian border guards.

The director-general of West Asia Office of the Iranian Foreign Ministry on Sunday invited the Pakistani envoy and conveyed the Islamic Republic’s “displeasure and official protest” to him over the terrorist attack and the abduction of Iranian border guards.

The Pakistani diplomat, who was handed an official protest note from Iran during the meeting, expressed regret over the terrorist operation.

Jadmani said he would convey Iran’s message to Islamabad to pursue the issue.

Also, last November, Jeish Al-Adl claimed responsibility for the assassination of Zabol prosecutor.

In the early hours of November 6, unknown assailants killed the prosecutor of Zabol city in Sistan and Balouchestan province, Mousa Nouri, and his driver while they were on their way to work.

But, Iranian officials rejected the claim, saying Jeish Al-Adl was just bluffing to boast about its power. Iranian officials said another terrorist group had most likely conducted the attack. A few weeks later, Iranian security forces arrested the terrorists who were said to be not a member of Jeish Al-Adl.

Jeish Al-Adl had also killed 14 Iranian border guards two weeks before Nouri’s terror incident.

By Fars News Agency 

 

The Iran Project is not responsible for the content of quoted articles.