Rouhani issues mandate on $3b corruption scandal

TEHRAN, Feb. 12 (MNA) – The head of president’s office has said president has issued mandate to investigate $3b corruption allegations.

In an interview to Mehr News, Mohammad Nahavandian pointed to Rouhani’s February 11 address among the rallying mass in Tehran that $3b of public money had been plundered.

Nahavandian also said that people in February 11 rallies demonstrated their loyalty to the Revolutionary ideal. “This solidarity could be a valuable asset and a ballast to work out other agreements with the world, and economic epic would be realized by people’s participation and the government would succeed in reviving the economy,” he added.

Asked about the probable parties and persons Rouhani meant by pointing to the corruption, and whether Babak Zanjani was meant, Nahavandian told that the whole judicial process and the judges were the subject of the president’s speech. “The president has received the first part of the report on the corruption, and he appreciated the efforts by the committee and issued a mandate for the investigations to go forward,” he added.

He also pointed to the Parliamentary warning to the cabinet complaining that the Supreme National Security Council had not cooperated sufficiently in holding the military drills and called the Parliament to let the Council decide on issues related to the Council itself.

By Mehr News Agency

 

The Iran Project is not responsible for the content of quoted articles.