Tehran, Feb 2, IRNA – Yemenˈs Interior Ministry and its security forces confirmed that the kidnapped Iranian diplomat Nour Ahmad Nikbakht is alive and in good condition.
The confirmation was announced by the Yemeni chargé dˈaffaires to Tehran Abdullah Ali Alserri while speaking to IRNA exclusively.
Alserri said the Yemeni officials and security forces are responsible for following up the fate of the Iranian diplomat abducted by the terrorist groups on July 21, 2013.
He reiterated that the Yemeni security forces have made great efforts to help release Nikbakht.
Last week, foreign media reported that a dead body had been found in Marib, Yemen. They said it belonged to the kidnapped Iranian diplomat. The news was rejected.
Abolqasem Assadi, 57, financial and consulate officer of Iranˈs Embassy in Sanaˈa, Yemen, was another Iranian diplomat assassinated by gunmen in the center of the city on January 18.
The Yemeni chargé dˈaffaires believes that the assassination was aimed at sabotaging Tehran-Sanaˈa relations.
The Iran Project is not responsible for the content of quoted articles.