TEHRAN, Dec. 10 (MNA) – Iran’s non-residing charge d’affair has said he will travel to Britain at the end of the next week.
Mohammad Habibollah Zadeh, Islamic Republic of Iran’s non-residing charge d’affair to the UK told Mehr News that following the frequent visits to Tehran by Mr. Sharma, his British counterpart, “it was agreed that I will visit London at the end of the next year.”
“My visit to London seeks three objectives of evaluating the quality of Iran’s councilor services to Iranians and optimizing the services,” said Habibollah Zadeh.
“After closing of Iran’s embassy in London in late November 2011, providing councilor services to thousands of Iranians living in the UK faced problems and effectively ended any services from the embassy for Iranians,” he added.
“However, the foreign ministry found alternative short-term solutions to the problem, through establishing Consular Services Center in Tehran for UK-residing Iranians and designating some Iranian embassies in countries near UK such as Dublin, Paris, and Brussels,” said the non-residing charge d’affair.
“In the second stage, we have been able to provide part of consular services in London from last June, but we hope that the quality of these services will be improved with the reopening of the embassy,” he asserted.
“A second objective was examination of the conditions of the Islamic Republic’s diplomatic buildings in the UK. As you may know, Iran has many buildings and centers in the UK, and given the closing of the embassy, we should examine the last conditions of these buildings,” he said.
He said that the third objective was to continue negotiations with the British charge d’affair which began in Tehran last week.
The Iran Project is not responsible for the content of quoted articles.