Governor: 7 dead, 47 wounded in Borazjan quake

Bushehr, Nov 28, IRNA – According to Bushehr Governor, the latest statics on the dead and wounded victims of Borazjan earthquake are respectively 7 and 45.
“Minutes after the strong quake a crisis management headquarter was established and rescue and relief teams, emergency services, and military and police forces were dispatched to the region,” Fereidoun Hassanvand told the Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA) in Bushehr, Thursday night.

He added, “The wounded victims were transferred from the earthquake region to Bushehr and Gonaveh cities for getting proper medical treatment.”

The Governor of Bushehr said that the damaged cities in the earthquake include Borazjan, Abpakhsh and Sa’dabad, and the damaged villages are Kolal, Ziarat, Boneh Jaberi, Dehqayed, and Nazar Aqa.

“Presently the officials are managing the crisis both in the disaster regions and at the crisis management headquarters,” reiterated Hassanvand, adding that thus far the entire dead and wounded victims have been pulled out from under the quake debris and transferred to appropriate locations.

He said that full security is established in the region by the military and police forces in good collaboration with the people.

Bushehr governor said that water network of Dashtestan Township is fully repaired and the electrical network of Borazjan has been repaired 96%, while the remaining 4% will be repaired within the next couple of hours and the telephone lines and gas networks, too, are functioning in the entire region.

He said that there are electricity blackouts in four villages, which will be solved within the next two hours.

Hassanvand said that the president, his first vice president, the interior minister and their deputies and vices are directly supervising the matter and have been well informed about the process of assisting the victims, intending to offer assistance to the officials in the region.

A 5.7-magnitude earthquake near an Iranian nuclear plant has killed seven people and injured 30, according to reports.

The quakeˈs epicenter was near Borazjan, around 60km from Bushehr, where Iran has its Russian-built reactor.

Emergency Response Chief Hassan Qadami told IRNA news agency: ˈSo far, there are seven dead and 30 injured receiving hospital treatment.ˈ

Iran stands on several seismic fault lines. A massive quake in December 2003 struck the southern city of Bam, killing 26,000 people and destroying its ancient mud-built citadel.

By IRNA

 

The Iran Project is not responsible for the content of quoted articles.