TEHRAN (FNA)- Secretary-General of the Lebanese Resistance Movement Hezbollah Seyed Hassan Nasrallah warned of more terrorist attacks against the Iranian embassy in Beirut which recently came under a twin suicide blasts.
“Such measures will continue since the enemies want to compensate for their failures in more than one case, specially the Syrian case,” Nasrallah said in a meeting with Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister for Arab and African Affairs Hossein Amir Abdollahian on Sunday.
He said that the terrorist attacks which occurred near the Iranian mission in Beirut were preplanned, and added that the main goal of these bombings were the complete destruction of the embassy gate and building since the terrorists knew that the ambassador and charge d’affaires’ offices are near the building.
The two bomb blasts which happened on Tuesday killed 23 people and injured 146 others near the Iranian embassy compound in the Lebanese capital. The attack targeted just 10 meters away from the embassy in Beirut’s Southern neighborhood of Jinah, inflicting much damage to the compound.
Amir Abdollahian travelled to Beirut on Wednesday to pursue the embassy bombings.
He studied and pursued the ongoing situation and developments after the deadly bombings.
The Lebanese police announced that they have identified the two suicide bombers who attacked the Iranian embassy in Beirut last week.
Moin Abu Zahr, a Lebanese national who was born in 1992 and was a follower of Sunni Salafi Sheikh Ahmed Al-Assir has been identified as responsible for carrying out the first attack on the Iranian embassy. The second suicide bomber has been named as Omar Sobheh.
The Iran Project is not responsible for the content of quoted articles.