Arak Reactor will continue working based on agreement

Geneva, Nov 24, IRNA – According to the agreement reached between Iran and the Group 5+1, the Arak heavy water reactor will continue its work but would not witness any development during the next six months, senior member of the Iranian negotiating team said in Geneva.
Commenting on reports on the halt of Iran’s program to produce plutonium, Deputy Foreign Minister Abbas Araqchi told reporters, “We have had no plan to produce plutonium.”

Commenting on claims about production of plutonium in Arak facilities, he said “The facility has not been operational yet to produce plutonium.”

He stressed that Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) had previously announced that the coming into operation of the Arak reactor has been suspended.

After intensive negotiations, the P5+1 and Iran have reached a first-step agreement on Iranˈs nuclear program, announced EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton early Sunday morning.

By IRNA

 

The Iran Project is not responsible for the content of quoted articles