Iran’s Deputy Interior Minister for Security Affairs Ali Abdollahi has rejected claims about a recent attack by the Jaish-ul-Adl terrorist group in the southeastern part of the country.
Abdollahi on Saturday dismissed claims made by the Jaish-ul-Adl about the terrorist group’s attack on Sarbaz County located in the southeastern province of Sistan-Baluchestan on Thursday.
“Such an attack has absolutely not happened,” Abdollahi said.
The terrorist group reportedly claimed earlier that it had killed a number of Iranians in an attack on Sarbaz County.
The claim comes as the Jaish-ul-Adl group killed 14 Iranian border guards and wounded three other in the border region near the city of Saravan in Sistan-Baluchestan province on October 25.
In a letter to the president of the UN Security Council on October 28, Iranian Ambassador to the UN Mohammad Khazaei said evidence indicates the Jaish-ul-Adl terrorist group carried out the terrorist attack by infiltrating Iran’s eastern borders from Pakistan.
On October 26, Iran’s Foreign Ministry summoned Pakistan’s chargé d’affaires in Tehran Sohail Siddiqui in protest against the terrorist attack, the perpetrators of which fled to Pakistan after the attack.
Iran’s President Hassan Rouhani has called for an investigation into the incident, tasking the Foreign Ministry with taking necessary measures to implement a border security agreement with Pakistan.
In February, Iran and Pakistan signed a security agreement, under which both countries are required to cooperate in preventing and combating organized crime, fighting terrorism and countering activities which pose a threat to the national security of either country.
By Press TV
The Iran Project is not responsible for the content of quoted articles.