TEHRAN (FNA)- New programs are underway to reinvigorate Iran’s border guard units, Police Commander Brigadier General Esmayeel Ahmadi Moqaddam announced on Wednesday a few days after a terrorist group crossed the border, killed 14 Iranian guards and escaped back into Pakistan.
14 Iranian border guards – mostly conscripted soldiers, were killed and 6 more were injured during the terrorist attack by outlaws in Saravan border region in Southeastern Iran in the early hours of Saturday morning.
“Police is considering to reinforce the regional law enforcement units, stage exercises, upgrade the training level and accelerate border sealing,” General Ahmadi Moqaddam said today.
The Iranian police commander blamed the foreign powers as the sponsor of terrorist attacks in Iran’s Southeastern province of Sistan-Baluchestan, and said, “The enemy is not happy to see the Islamic Republic of Iran is a safe place.”
“The same terrorist group was trapped in a police ambush and lost a large cargo of weapons and ammunition to the police troops last month; but they unfortunately fled into Pakistan from ground zero at the borders,” he said.
On Sunday, the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) in a statement vowed to take action against terrorists after a group of outlaws killed 14 Iranian border guards in a cross-border attack in Saravan.
“Under the present crucial juncture that the Islamic establishment is going through a sensitive historical juncture and is trying to gain a major achievement in area of nuclear talks strategic achievement, terrorist actions under the command and support of the spy agencies of the arrogant and colonial powers will not be able to harm the sincere and determined will of the Iranian nation,” parts of IRGC statement read.
“The Sirkan (in Saravan of Sistan and Balouchestan) crime should remind the alleged advocates of global terrorism and those interested in establishing ties with the Islamic Republic that the Iranian nation has never been unaware of the masterminds of plots who direct terrorist acts by the counterrevolutionary forces against it and it will consider it in its strategic calculations through monitoring and realistic analysis,” the statement added.
The statement further reminded the positive security measures taken by the IRGC in the last several years in Sistan and Balouchestan, which could improve the security conditions in the area, and said, “Foes and enemies of the Islamic Revolution should rest assured that such attacks can never harm the unity and solidarity of the ruling system and the people in Southeastern Iran, and would rather strengthen their unity.”
“Defenders of the Islamic Revolution and borders of the country will continue combating the anti-revolutionaries, outlaws and aggressive terrorists decisively and powerfully in future,” the IRGC underlined in its statement.
The terrorists who have reportedly been members of the outlawed Jeish Al-Adl radical Sunni Wahhabi movement fled into Pakistan after the operation in Iran’s Southeastern Sistan and Balouchestan province.
The Iran Project is not responsible for the content of quoted articles.