The Israeli army says a rocket fired from the besieged Gaza Strip has hit southern Israel with no reports of possible casualties or damage so far.
The army said in a statement on Thursday that security forces found the remains of the rocket, which was fired from the besieged enclave on Wednesday.
The statement also said that it was the first rocket fired from the Gaza Strip since August 18.
The Israeli regime imposed a land, aerial, and naval blockade on Gaza in June 2007 after the democratically-elected Palestinian resistance movement, Hamas, took over the administration of the territory.
The blockade has had a disastrous impact on the humanitarian and economic situation in the impoverished enclave, having turned the territory into the world’s largest open-air prison.
The Israeli regime denies about 1.7 million people in Gaza their basic rights, including the freedom of movement and the right to decent living, work, health, and education.
The Israel regime has also made military incursions into Gaza, and pounded it with airstrikes on numerous occasions during the period.
Over 160 Palestinians, including women and children, were killed and about 1,200 others were injured in an eight-day Israeli war on the Palestinian territory in November 2012.
By Press TV
The Iran Project is not responsible for the content of quoted articles.