TEHRAN, Aug. 12 (MNA) – From Monday, the Iranian Majlis will hold special sessions for examining the vote of confidence of ministers proposed by Hassan Rohani.
The list of proposed ministers to parliament was presented by Rohani on the same day he was sworn in as the country’s 7th president.
Here is a brief ministers’ resumé:
Birth: in Najaf-Abad, Isfahan province, in 1955.
Education: bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from Isfahan University of Technology
– Minister of Roads and Transport during the first tenure of ex-president Mohammad Khatami
– Minister of Agriculture Jihad during Khatami second presidential term
– Governor general of Sistan-Baluchestan province
– Director of the Karkheh Dam Project
Communications and Information Technology
Birth: in 1952
Education: PhD in International Relations from Warsaw University and MSe in Electronics Engineering from Sacramento State University
– Managing Director of Iran Telecommunications Company from 1979-1986
– head of the Foreign Policy Research Department at the Strategic Research Center of the Expediency Council.
– Foreign Minister Advisor, head of the Economic Relations Headquarters
– Deputy foreign minister for Euro-American and Economic Affairs.
Cooperatives, Labor and Social Welfare
Birth: in 1955 in Tehran
Education: PHD of Strategic Management
– Faculty member of Shahid Beheshti University
– Technician at General Motors factory in Tehran
– Khatamiˈs representative at the Ministry of Intelligence in 2001
– Head of executive committee of the Supreme National Security Council under Hassan Rohani from 2002 to 2005
Culture and Islamic Guidance
Birth: in 1949
Education: graduate of religious studies from Haghani School in holy city of Qom
– Acting head of the Culture and Islamic Communications Organization
– Deputy Minister of Culture and Islamic Guidance for International Affairs
– Ambassador to Kuwait
– Deputy Interior Minister for Political Affairs
– Director of the Channel 1 of the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting
– Deputy Foreign Minister
– Head of the Cultural and Social Committee at the Supreme National Security Council
– Foreign policy researcher in the Strategic Research Center
– Governor general of Khuzestan Province
– Commander-in-chief of Armed Forces in Khorassan Province
Defense and Armed Forces
Birth: in 1957
Education: PhD in Management from Tehran University
– Deputy minister of defense in the 7th and 8th governments
– Member of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) during the Sacred Defense
– Vice-president and Head of the Martyrs and War Veteransˈ Affairs Foundation
Economic Affairs and Finance
Birth: in 1960
– Secretary of the Economic Commission in the cabinet from 1997-2000 and 2005-2007
– Deputy head of the Presidential Office for Planning under Khatami from 2001-2005
– Deputy head of the Economic, Plan and Budget Coordination Affairs Bureau in the Economic Affairs Department of the State Management and Planning Organization.
– Member of the Research Council of the Inspectorate Organization
The Iran Project is not responsible for the content of quoted articles.