A selection of the latest news stories and editorials published in Iranian news outlets, compiled by AEI Critical Threats Project Iran Analyst Will Fulton.
- Assembly of Experts member Ayatollah Abbas Kabi commented on the upcoming presidential elections:
- “Candidates of deviant currents and seditionists will not be approved for qualification.”
- “In the next elections, enemies of the Islamic Republic of Iran’s system are seeking another sedition, [but] the people’s maximum voter participation can neutralize enemy threats and guarantee the country’s security.”
- “In reality, participation in elections will increase the power of the Islamic Republic system. For example, we saw that even in the Almaty negotiations the enemies retreated and were waiting for Iran’s elections, because voter participation will increase the country’s security and [progress].”
- Vice-Chairman of the Parliament Hojjat al-Eslam Mohammad Hassan Abu Torabi Fard stated, “an individual will be elected who is loyal to the system and [is also] the Supreme Leader’s arm.” He added, “we must demonstrate the system’s power with maximum presence in presidential elections.”
- Representative of the Supreme Leader to the IRGC Hojjat al-Eslam Ali Saidi discussed uranium enrichment and the future president’s qualifications:
- “Uranium enrichment has currently reached 20% and a person must not enter [the election] that introduces atomic suspension like the 6th Parliament.”
- “To manage the country in present conditions we need an individual with a backbone.”
- “One of the country’s problems is inflation and the other is sanctions. The future president must stand against these two great economic issues with finesse and management [expertise] so pressure is not exerted on the people.”
- “America is currently seeking an opportunistic figure among the candidates so it can use him to advance its goals.”
- Fars News reports Syrian security forces killed Abu Bara al-Shishani, commander of the “terrorist” group Lawa al-Ameh, in Idlib.
Military and Security
- Chief of Law Enforcement Forces BG Esmail Ahmadi Moghaddam announced the reimplementation of “moral security designs.” This plan includes the deployment of morality police alongside “a cultural and social [effort], so instead of hatred [towards us] the people will pay attention to us.”
- IRGC and Basij forces are deploying to the earthquake stricken province of Bushehr to aid with emergency and reconstruction efforts.
By Iran Tracker
The Iran Project is not responsible for the content of quoted articles.