Iran has presented the five permanent members of the UN Security Council plus Germany with the details of its proposals during the second round of the Saturday talks in Almaty, an informed source says.
The second round of the Saturday talks between Iran and the P5+1 (Britain, China, France, Russia, and the US plus Germany) was resumed earlier in the day.
The representatives of the P5+1 will reportedly respond to Iran’s proposals after consulting with their respective government.
The representatives of both sides have not reached any decisions regarding the venue and date of the next round of talks, Press TV has learned.
Iran and the P5+1 held two rounds of talks in Almaty on Friday and discussed a range of issues with the main focus being on Iran’s nuclear energy program.
Speaking at a Friday press conference after the first round of talks, SNSC Deputy Ali Baqeri said Tehran has offered the group “clear proposals to launch a new round of cooperation” between the two sides.
Michael Mann, the spokesman for Ashton, told Press TV earlier on Thursday that, “Nobody is denying the right for Iran or any other country to have nuclear technology for medical purposes or for energy purposes.”
Iran argues that as a signatory to the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) and a member of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), it is entitled to develop and acquire nuclear technology for peaceful purposes.
Tehran and the P5+1 have held several rounds of talks. The previous round of talks took place in Almaty on February 26-27.
By Press TV
The Iran Project is not responsible for the content of quoted articles.