About 6 million tons of goods have been transited through Iran from March to September, Head of Iran’s Road Maintenance and Transportation Organization Shahriar Effendizadeh said, IRIB reported.
Effendizadeh noted that 92 percent of goods were transported via the roads, while the remaining 8 percent – via the railroads.
He added that compared to the previous period last year, there is a 25 percent growth of transit.
Effendizadeh said that it is planned that the current 5,800 million tons of goods will reach some 12 million by the end of the year.
He added that in the past 3 years, the transit through Iran has grown by 75 percent, as more than 100 countries use transitions through Iran for their goods.
The Iran Project is not responsible for the content of quoted articles.