IRNA – China made every effort to extinguish the fire of the Iranian tanker (Sanchi) which sank on January 14 following eight years of burning in the East China Coast, senior member of parliament Hossein Naqavi Hosseini said on Tuesday.
Sanchi tanker was carrying condensates when it collided with a Chinese freight ship on January 6.
All the 32 crew members, who had gone missing from the very beginning of the incident, were reported dead.
Naqavi Hosseini, the spokesman of Majlis National Security and Foreign Policy Commission, told IRNA that a fact-finding committee has been assigned to provide the Commission with a report on the incident.
He said that the deputy chairman of the commission, who had been dispatched to China, read out his report on the incident before the commission at the Tuesday session.
The Chinese experts believed that all the crew members were dead at the very first hour of the incident, Naqavi Hosseini said.
Noting that all the rescue teams, particularly those from China and Japan, did whatever possible in the incident, he said that the accident was of a kind that there could be neither any access to the ship nor the possibility of saving the ship.
He said that the black box of the ship has been sealed in front of the representatives from Iran, China, Japan and Panama.