Alwaght– Hundreds of Palestinians poured to the streets of besieged Gaza Strip on Saturday to Protest US President’s Decision to recognize al-Quds as Israeli regime capital as well as to condemn behind-the-scenes support of Saudi rulers to the move.
The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) organization cancelled its 50th anniversary commemorations to protest against Trump’s move, whit its supporting carrying placards rebuking Trump and Saudi King Salman bin Abdul Aziz, and Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.
Angry Gazan protesters in an unprecedented move burned picture s of Saudi king and his 32-year old son, whom the accuse of moving Saudi Arabia closer to Israeli regime.
“The PFLP also emphasized that its march of anger and revolution will raise its voice against US imperialism, Zionist colonialism and Arab reactionary collusion,” the group said in a statement on their website.
“It demanded the Palestinian Authority end its continued reliance on negotiations and end security coordination with the occupier.”
The protests came after reports emerged that Saudi rulers are working to the advantage of the Israeli Regime under the guise of mediating in Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
Four Palestinian officials told Reuters on condition of anonymity on Friday that Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman had communicated a proposal to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas that would give away the right of return for Palestinian refugees and the status of al-Quds (Jerusalem) as the capital of a future Palestinian state in return for conditions unfavorable to Palestinians.
That proposal has reportedly been shaped by Jared Kushner, US President Donald Trump’s son-in-law and “senior adviser,” who has developed a close relationship with Mohammed bin Salman.
The Palestinian officials expressed concern that the proposal is too much in line with Israeli interests and to the disadvantage of Palestinians, whose land Israel has occupied.
According to one of the Palestinian officials, the US proposal that bin Salman communicated to Abbas included establishing “a Palestinian entity” in Gaza as well as the West Bank administrative areas A and B and 10 percent of area C.
Under the plan, however, Israeli settlements would stay in the occupied West Bank, the Palestinian refugees would not be able to return to their homeland, and the Tel Aviv regime would maintain control over borders, the source added.
Another Palestinian official said bin Salman had asked Abbas to back the US initiative when the two met in the Saudi capital, Riyadh, last month.
“President Trump in a phone call told Abu Mazen (Abbas): ‘I will have some proposals for you that you would like.’ When Abu Mazen pressed him on details, Trump didn’t give any,” the source said.
A third Palestinian official said the Saudi crown prince had told Abbas, “Be patient, you will hear good news. This peace process will go ahead.”
Jordanian political analyst Oraib Rantawi warned of “direct dealings and a desire to present a deal that is unfair to the Palestinians in return for securing US backing and paving the way for [Persian] Gulf-Israeli cooperation to confront Iran.”
In November, Lebanon’s al-Akhbar daily published a secret undated letter from Saudi Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir to bin Salman that laid out a number of conditions in exchange for normalizing ties with Israel.
One of the conditions was that the Saudis would contribute to the resolution of the decades-long Israeli-Palestinian conflict by proposing the resettling of Palestinian refugees in their host countries rather than their return to their homeland.
Saudi Arabia has also cultivated better relations with the administration of Trump, a former businessman, by purchasing billions of dollars’ worth of American arms.