October 15, The Iran Project – Iran’s Armed Forces and the Islamic Revolution Guard Corps (IRGC) have strongly reacted to US President Donald Trump’s Friday speech against the Islamic Republic.
Deputy Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces Brigadier General Massoud Jazayeri and Lieutenant Commander of IRGC Quds Force Brigadier General Esmail Qa’ani reacted to a move by the United States’ Treasury Department to blacklist the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps, pledging to continue to boost Iran’s defensive power.
Jazayeri reaffirmed the country’s commitment to strengthening its defense capabilities to counter the “corrupt American regime”, adding that the corrupt and evil US administration should know that the Iranian Armed Forces will keep boosting the country’s defense power more vigorously.
He said the Iranian Armed Force would not hesitate for a moment to defend the oppressed around the world, even inside the United States of America, adding that the popular and mighty IRGC forces will prevent the US authorities from pursuing their dirty dreams.
Meanwhile, Qa’ani underlined that although Iran is not a warmonger, it will make any aggressor regret its aggression.
Slamming recent comments made by Trump and other US officials against the Islamic Republic, he said, “Any nonsense they say will be to their detriment”.
“Since the victory of the Islamic Revolution (in 1979), we have never intended to wage a war against any country, but the global arrogance (the US) and its stooges have always sought for a battle,” the commander noted, adding that, “We do not welcome wars but if anyone invades our country, he will learn a lesson that would no longer even think of aggression (against Iran),” he added.
The remarks came hours after Trump delivered a speech in which he said he was authorizing the US Treasury Department to impose further sanctions on “the entire” IRGC for what he claimed was “its support for terrorism.” Trump stopped short of designating the IRGC as “a foreign terrorist organization,” however, as some reports had indicated he would do.
Last week (Oct 8), IRGC Commander Major General Mohammad Ali Jafari cautioned the US government of the dire consequences of imposing new sanction against Iran, saying, “Should the US carry out the so-called Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act (CAATSA), it will then have to relocate its regional bases out of the reach of Iran’s missiles, which have a range of 2,000 kilometers.”
Also, Iran’s Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has slammed the US Treasury Department’s move, saying Iranian people from all walks of life strongly support the defenders of the country and the region against terrorism.
“Today, Iranians – boys, girls, men, women – are ALL IRGC,” Zarif said on his official Twitter account on Saturday (Oct 14).