25 Apr 2024
Thursday 13 July 2017 - 17:09
Story Code : 268225

US dream of ‘regime change’ in Iran mere delusions

MNA – Brig. Gen. Massoud Jazayeri has dismissed remarks by US Secretary of Defense on ‘regime change’ in Iran as ‘ludicrous wishful thinking’ and nothing but ‘mere delusions’.

Deputy Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces reacted to Jim Mattis’s remarks on Thursday, saying “[American officials] repeat their wishful thinking about Iran in a childish way while the Islamic Republic is keeping up its efforts to push back foreign influence from the region within its well-defined objectives and policies.”

“We have no concerns whatsoever about their delusional plans for Iran,” he added.

Jazayeri stressed that a country relying on its own people will never be affected by the enemies’ propaganda war, psychological operations or tanks and missiles.

He further noted the new US sanctions imposed on Iran, saying “we have plans in store that will deal a great amount of damage and loss to the US.”

Brig. Gen. Jazayeri’s remarks came in reaction to the recent comments by Jim Mattis at Mercer Island High School student newspaper in Seattle, in which the US defense secretary hinted at the US policy of ‘regime change’ in Iran and tried to portray that there was a gap between the Iranian nation and the Islamic Republic establishment.

Also in June, US secretary of state Rex Tillerson while addressing the country’s House of Representatives, talked about plans for transition of Iranian government.

https://theiranproject.com/vdcewv8wnjh8pwi.1kbj.html
Your Name
Your Email Address