Bahram Qassemi

Iran blasts Saudi Arabia for continuing attacks on Yemeni civilians

FNA- Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qassemi strongly blasted the Riyadh government for continuing attacks on Yemeni civilians.

“Saudi Arabia has fueled the flames of regional insecurity by fueling the flame of war Yemen and supporting the terrorist groups in Syria,” Qassemi said on Friday.

The Iranian foreign ministry spokesman reiterated that Saudi Arabia should learn that its petrodollars cannot buy security for that country and paving the way for foreign interference (as Saudi Arabia is doing) in the region will only increase the insecurity in the Middle East.

In relevant remarks last week, the Iranian foreign ministry strongly deplored the Saudi air attacks on a busy market in al-Hudayda province in Yemen which killed and wounded several innocent civilians.

Qassemi expressed sympathy with family members of the victims, and extended Iran’s condolences to them.

“Intensified attacks against the residential areas and civilian targets and prevention of access to the international organizations and responsible institutions to carry out relief missions is violation of basic humanitarian principles and regulations,” he said.

Qassemi called on the UN and other international organizations to adopt necessary actions to protect the health and security of civilians, specially women and children.

The Saudi warplanes raided last Friday a popular market in Khawkha governorate in Yemen’s Hudayda province, claiming 16 lives and injuring 10 others, according to the initial tolls.

Four air raids on various areas in Yemen’s Nahm city were also launched by the Saudi warplanes.

Saudi Arabia launched its bombing campaign against Yemen in March 2015 in an attempt to restore power to fugitive President Mansour Hadi, a staunch ally of Riyadh.

Hadi stepped down in January 2015 and refused to reconsider the decision despite calls by Ansarullah revolutionaries.

Despite Riyadh’s claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi warplanes are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.

The Monarchy’s attacks have so far claimed the lives of at least 13,100 civilians, mostly women and children.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

hit tracker