MNA– Foreign Ministry spokesperson has said a country who had been red-handed in destroying Yemeni infrastructure ironically had accused others of intervention in Yemen.Mr. Bahram Ghasemi was responding to remarks by UAE foreign minister before the High Level Segment of the 34th session of United Nations Human Rights Council in Geneva on February 28.
Anwar Bin Mohammed Gargash told the meeting that Iranian interventionism had enabled and empowered the illegal and violent Houthi-Saleh takeover. “Iran is directly arming and supporting the insurgents with increasingly sophisticated weapons, including ballistic missiles and armed drones… This Iranian interference prolongs and deepens the Yemen conflict, creating conditions that allow Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, and more recently, Daesh, more space to operate. Working closely with local Yemeni resistance forces, last year the UAE helped to liberate large parts of Eastern Yemen from oppressive AQAP control,” the minister alleged.
Mr. Ghasemi’s condemnation of the remarks implicated the UAE back in wreaking havoc upon Yemeni people during the last 2 years in a coalition led by Saudi Arabia which sought to obliterate Houthis from the political life of the country. “The UAE has directly engaged in Yemen where the collective action and air strikes against civilians by Saudi-led coalition brought about only humanitarian disaster; such country would not have a right to raise charges of intervention in Yemen against others; their very action gave rise to terrorism and extremism in Yemen; they should be held responsible for all sufferings the Yemeni people is inflicted,” said Ghasemi.