Press TV- At least 50 people have been killed in the Syrian city of A’zaz in a powerful car bomb explosion targeting civilians in the city.
The blast took place a fuel tanker blew up in front of a courthouse in the city. Dozens of others were also wounded in the explosion.
According to initial reports, several government buildings were completely destroyed in the explosion. Dozens of other buildings were also reported damaged as a result of the blast.
The explosion was heard across the border in the Turkish town of Kilis, Turkey’s private Dogan news agency said.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack, which was the latest in a string of bombings to hit A’zaz.
In November, 25 people, including civilians, were killed in a car bomb attack on a militant headquarters. The Daesh Takfiri terrorist group was accused of being behind the attack.
At least 17 people were killed in a car bomb attack on a militant checkpoint In October, said the so-called Syrian Observatory for human rights.
A’zaz is located to the north of the city of Aleppo, which has recently been liberated from militants. Evacuation deals saw the departure of the last pockets of militants in the east of Aleppo late last year.
The Saturday blast in A’zaz comes as a nationwide ceasefire is being observed across much of Syria.
The ceasefire deal between the militants and the Syrian government, which was brokered by Russia and Turkey, came into force in late December. Daesh and the Jabhat Fateh al-Sham are not part of the truce.