Assad’s Aleppo win and western media hype to misrepresent the truth

December 17, The Iran Project – It’s hard to find the truth of what really happened in Aleppo amid Western media propaganda over the liberation of Aleppo city from foreign-backed militants, in a bid to portray a false image of the reality.

The Syrian government’s military operations to free the city of Aleppo have come to an end on December 12.

Syrian forces took full control of the northern city of Aleppo, nearly three weeks after Damascus and its allies launched a major offensive to recapture the militant-held part of the city from western-backed rebels seeking to overthrow President Bashar al-Assad, the legitimate government of Syria.

False claims on Aleppo evacuation

Despite false allegations and disinformation that western media trying to spread regarding catching up civilians  including women, children, the injured and the vulnerable in the conflict, from the first moments the stage of practical humanitarian actions had been begun.

Russia’s UN Ambassador Vitaly Churkin during a UN Security Council meeting announced that the militants within the city will start to leave “within hours” and that there is no need for civilians to leave their homes.

While, Ankara and other supporters of the militants have used civilians to press for a ceasefire deal under which armed groups are given a free passage to leave the city and have ultimately got one.

In their bid to secure a safe passage for the militants, the West and its regional allies have gone on an unprecedented media campaign to highlight the civilian situation in the city, often with sketchy details.

On Friday, footage showed buses waiting to take more people out of Aleppo, which was recently restored to full government control.

Syrians, who were evacuated from militant-held neighborhoods in the embattled city of Aleppo, gesture on their way to government-held parts on December 15, 2016. (Photo by AFP)

An unnamed Turkish official said close to 8,000 civilians had been evacuated from Aleppo. The so-called Syrian Observatory for Human Rights also said the total number of the evacuees included some 3,000 militants.

The International Committee of the Red Cross said the evacuation operation, which started on Tuesday, could take days.

However, later on Friday, AFP quoted a Syrian security source as saying that the process has been suspended after militants violated the truce.

The evacuation operation has been suspended because the militants failed to respect the conditions of the agreement,” the source said.

Although, there are some new reports show that a new deal has been reached to evacuate thousands of civilians still trapped in rebel-held areas of eastern Aleppo

Terrorists block civilians’ exit from Aleppo conflict zone

On Saturday, it was reported that al-Nusra Front terrorist group and Ahrar al-Sham rebels what are considered to be “moderate” by the West are not letting the International Committee of Red Cross (ICRC) mission to evacuate the wounded from eastern Aleppo.

The Russian Foreign Ministry has called on all the countries who could influence the militants in Aleppo to urge them to allow international humanitarian missions access to the city.

Syria rejects targeting Aleppo civilians

In a UN Security Council meeting — called by the US, France and Britain — Ban said that the Syrian government, Russia and their allies are determined to end the war through a total military victory. However, Churkin dismissed such claims, stressing that they were all “propaganda, disinformation and psychological” warfare.

The US, Britain and France also claimed that the Syrian government targeted civilians in eastern Aleppo, with the US’s UN Ambassador Samantha Power accusing Syrian forces of killing some 80 civilians in Aleppo over the past 24 hours.

The Syrian Ambassador to the UN Bashar al-Jaafari denied all allegations of war crimes at Tuesday’s emergency meeting of the Security Council, criticising an array of UN representatives for referencing “unverified testimonies”.

“I formally and 100 percent reject allegations of revenge and summary executions,” said Syria’s ambassador to the UN.

Besides, as Robert Fisk  wrote Samantha Power was selective in her mentioning of horrific crimes against humanity when talked about ‘barbarism against civilians’ in Aleppo. In his article he remind Mrs. ambassador the monstrous American invasion of Iraq with nearly half a million dead and massacre of Palestinian children by Israel –  Washington’s most powerful ally in the Middle East – and many other international crimes done in America’s name.

Since March 2011, Syria has been hit by militancy it blames on some Western states and their regional allies. The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights and UN have put the death toll from the Syria conflict at more than 300,000 and 400,000, respectively. This is while the UN has stopped its official casualty count in Syria, citing its inability to verify the figures it receives from various sources.

Albeit, in the early days of Syria crisis, Bashar al-Assad’s army launched severe crackdown on insurgents but when  foreign fighters and al-Qaeda terrorists entered the scene, with Assad’s policy shift, government-held areas became a safe haven for Syrian people.

hit tracker